Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here and Now (then)



                                         

                                         


Holy crap, it's an entire Strain set! I filmed this at a hall in Fleetwood BC in the late 90's. I had originally titled the videos as if the show was in Cloverdale, but I found the flyer that proves it was in Fleetwood late last night after I had already uploaded all the vids and made the post. Interestingly enough, I found 2 copies of the flyer. The first one is more cleanly laid out and states that it is Burden's first show, while the second one made room for the late addition to the show in the form of an on tour One King Down.







4 comments:

  1. Very cool man! Thanks for posting that! That's my brother Joe on drums that night. Glad we have that one documented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt. it was Jan.18.1997 @ Fleetwood Rec Centre in Surrey. Strain, Trial, One King Down, Dissent and Burden. It was our very first show with the OG pre-demo lineup with the Target guys and Happy Kreter.
    Also the 1st HC. show I put on. Amazing night! Thanks for uploading the vids! Can't wait for more! Take care- JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***I don't know what I'm talking about, I'd done a couple shows before this, as well as a few in my jam room. I'm getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YO Jason, it's Shay, I found this blog via google, gonna check it out. I remember this show. Remember the 7 foot tall monster that wanted to dismantle some Seattle guy on the dance floor? bwahahahaha

    ReplyDelete