Saturday, January 28, 2012

thisisthesparkmarkerpost

What can I say about Sparkmarker? Besides maybe Joy Division and Propagandhi, they were probably the most played band in my walkman from grades 10-12, and are to this day one of my top ten all time favourite bands. Below I've scanned all my posters and converted some footage of them playing Punk Strikes Back, which was a yearly affair with this particular installment ( I believe it was the first one) benefiting the BC Persons with Aids Society. I cut the 3rd video long on both ends so you can have an idea of the drama from that night, and at the end hear Jay Clark reference the Town Pump. Actually, with the exception of the two suburban halls, sadly every single venue from these posters is closed. If you have a special Sparkmarker story please share it in the comments. Enjoy!  

























No comments:

Post a Comment