Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What do I do with all this stuff?

For almost 17 years I have filmed shows and bands, taken pictures, collected records, played shows, gone on tour, and generally sailed the seas of high musical adventure. I would take pictures every day on 6 week tour, develop them then day I got home, and then store them away. I have 5+ years of footage from all ages punk/hc shows from Vancouver in the mid to late nineties that no one but a few buds have ever seen. It wasn't as easy back then to just do a quick edit and throw it on youtube, or post your pictures online via your phone.

Things have changed though. I've armed myself with a scanner, some analogue video converting hardware, and nice little corner of the house to play with it all. I'm going to attempt to dig out, unearth, recall my tales from youth, and try to do something with these stacks of tapes. Be sure to follow as there will be some pretty, pretty, pretty tasty stuff. From basement practice spaces to summer festival stages, and broken down vans to tour bus bunks. This is how I see it.

*all photos, video, pictures, and recordings done by me unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment